(Click on the image to download the lastest version)
Australian Journal of Emergency Management - Volume 30, No.1
This issue includes a foreword by Chris Moraitis PSM, the recently appointed Secretary of the Attorney-General's Department and Chair of the Australia-New Zealand Emergency Management Committee. He discusses the department's upcoming review of the National Strategy for Disaster Resilience.
There are articles on social media and the role it plays in emergency management, an assessment of community disaster resilience for small, high-risk communities on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland, and how aged people can be better informed and prepared for disasters.
The issue also includes a mix of academic research and practitioner papers covering:
- Australia's contributions to the next cycle of Hyogo Framework for Action
- social architecture considerations in assessing social media for emergency information applications
- what older people's life experiences tell us about emergency preparedness
- the future of social media use during emergencies in Australia
- a reflection on the use of archaeologists at disaster scenes
- search and rescue in Australia
- 2014 Resilient Australia Awards